Albert Einstein once remarked that creativity is contagious, and on that basis, we would want to encourage your firm to come up with fresh ideas for cellar visits.
As part of its Italian Wine Tours, the Wine Meridian team was able to visit more than 280 companies and see the creative solutions that Italian vineyards provide to tourists. We chose to gather the most intriguing examples to inspire you to discover a unique solution that best fits your situation.
Here are some examples:
- Grape tasting. It’s not always feasible, but if you have the chance, it’s a great way to introduce the wine tourist to what they’ll find in the glass, allowing them to have a more meaningful relationship with the product.
- Food created with wine. Not only it is a different proposition, but it is also a great way to involve those who do not drink wine during the visit.
- Video entering the cellar when there is bad weather. A simple but explanatory video is sufficient for the visitor to do a virtual tour of the company, even in adverse climatic conditions.
- Cooking class with grandma. An experience that tourists, especially the international ones, will never forget.
- Dog trekking. The possibility to be able to live a wine tourism pleasant day with our dog makes the cellar a unique choice. With the addition of a small special snack dedicated to our four-legged friends and the success is assured.
- Grape harvest notes in a small book. An interesting information regarding the year, to add in the company brochure or in the wine sheet.
- Activities to involve children. Fruit juices or milk tastings, drawing the wine etiquette and then hanging it up… It only takes some small creativity to make the visit pleasant also for the youngers.
- Sport. Surely including sport in the visits is a positive trend which allows to involve also those who lead a healthy lifestyle. Not only bicycle, but also boat, excursions and more.
Every company has its own identity and the visit formats need to reflect it. May you be inspired by this ideas overview to create your ideal proposition!